Friday, February 17, 2017

So…This Week...

This was a very productive week for me regarding the Travel Trailer. I spent some time on the exterior, working on the door and window trim, the screen door, and decided on the accent color for the stripes and window flower box.
My favorite for the week though, was creating an oversized wood chair. I wanted a school house looking chair for the desk/table below the wall shelves. A few weeks ago I went to a local thrift store and almost purchased a wonderful vintage Oak Schoolhouse chair for my studio. For some reason, I decided not to buy it at that time. Once I returned home, I could not get it off my mind. The next morning I returned to the store to find it gone :(. When thinking of the design of the trailer, I knew I wanted that type of chair, but had no idea how to create it.
Snooping around Instagram, I found a wonderful artist from Finland (@slallaheikkila). I love everything she creates, including the perfect chair for the trailer! I contacted her to find out if the chair was a kit, or if she designed it. She created it based off of a rocker chair she has in her dollhouse. She was so kind and wanted to let me have the chair. I told her, I would try to make a version. I created the template (the sides) in Illustrator, then traced the design to wood and cut it out with a knife. I measured and cut the other parts out as I put it together. I LOVE this chair and can't wait to paint it.
As you can see from the flower box, I need to make tons of flowers. I think my goal for next week will be "flower making".

Happy Friday, have a wonderful weekend;).

Oversized Wooden Chair
for the Travel Trailer Desk/Trailer

Greenleaf Dollhouse Travel Trailer Redo
by Anita Smiley for fabulouslyflawedminiatures




No comments:

Post a Comment